2014 RANGE & SHOOTING RULES
EPHRATA SPORTSMEN ASSOCIATION
AND BOYD MORDHORST MEMORIAL RANGE
FOR USE DURING DAYLIGHT HOURS ONLY, with the following exceptions:
- Police agencies may use the range at all times
- The Ephrata Sportsmen Association may use the range after sunset,
When conducting scheduled trap, skeet or other events
A numbered key will be issued with membership.
Keys are to be used by the permit holder and their immediate family only.
Permits are not available for individuals under the age of 18.
Youth under the age of 18 are not to be left unattended or unsupervised.
Misuse of the key (such as loaning or giving it to someone) will be cause for revoking membership.
Lost keys will be replaced upon payment of a $5.00 fee.
Pets are not permitted on the range. Service Dogs are excepted per titles II and III of the ADA.
It is your responsibility to protect the hearing of such animals and assure they are comfortable
with shooting going on around them.
* NO VANDALISM OR INTENTIONAL DAMAGE to the range will be
* NO ALCOHOL OR DRUGS are allowed on the range and no one is allowed on the range who is under the influence of DRUGS OR ALCOHOL
* Members are responsible for the conduct of their guests and family members
* IF YOU WITNESS A VIOLATION OF ANY SAFETY RULE, LEAVE THE RANGE IMMEDIATELY. DO NOT CONFRONT
THE OFFENDOR. IF POSSIBLE, WRITE DOWN OR PHOTOGRAPH THE OFFENDORS LICENSE PLATE NUMBER,
DESCRIPTION OF THE VEHICLE AND OF THE OFFENDOR, AND THE DATE AND TIME. If possible notify the Ephrata Police Department.
Ephrata Police have keys to the range. VIOLATORS WILL BE
* If an accident occurs to you, or you witness an accident to another shooter, first give aid to the victim(s) within your capabilities. Then, seek aid
by the most expedient means possible. Finally, write down the events leading to the accident, including date, time, names, victim, witness, and
vehicle identification. The Ephrata Police have keys to the range.
RANGE PROCEDURES and SAFETY RULES
1. All individuals will observe all rules of firearms safety as prescribed in WSDF&W pamphlet titled "Firearms Safety, The Law, and You".
a. Always keep the muzzle pointed in a safe direction.
b. Be sure the barrel and action are clear of obstructions.
c. Keep finger off trigger until ready to shoot.
d. Treat every gun as if it were loaded.
e. Know your target and backstop before firing.
f. Unload firearms when not in use.
g. Never point a gun at anything you do not want to shoot.
h. Never shoot a bullet at a flat, hard surface or water.
i. Store guns and ammunition separately beyond the reach of children.
j. Know your firearm and required ammunition. Read your instruction manual.
k. Avoid alcoholic beverages and drugs before or while handling firearms.
2. All individuals must wear eye* and hearing protection** while shooting firearms on the shooting range.
(*Prescription glasses or shooting glasses with tempered glass, or safety goggles)
(**ear plugs available from the agency selling shooting range permits, or ear muff type hearing protection).
3. All individuals will not use bottles, boxes, or cans as targets.
4. All individuals will take down all targets after use of the shooting range.
5. Fully automatic weapons are prohibited except by law enforcement.
6. Use of tracer or armor piercing ammunition is prohibited.
7. Shotguns are not allowed on the 25 yard range.
8. All club card holders will bring no more than two (2) guests to the shooting range at one time and not more than
twice per year with the exception of those quests not living in the Moses lake and Ephrata area.
9. All individuals will not shoot:
a. When people or vehicles are downrange.
b. On ranges where events are taking place or scheduled to take place by Ephrata Sportsmen Association unless
you are competing in the event. If competing in such events, user will conduct him (her) self as directed by the
10. All individuals will report to the Ephrata Sportsmen Association, the license plate number and names, if possible,
of any non-permit holders found using the shooting range, and or any person, with or without a permit, violating
any of the rules of the shooting range.
11. All individuals will testify in court against anyone he (she) witnesses trespassing or littering the shooting range.
12. All individuals will not damage or destroy benches, target frames, or any other property of the shooting range.
13. All individuals will not use tobacco products on the shooting range except in designated areas.
14. All individuals will not use alcohol or drugs on the shooting range.
15. All individuals will not light fires except in designated areas and approved by any board member.
16. All club card holders will familiarize him (her) self with the complete set of rules as published in the Safety
Manuals of the Boyd Mordhorst Memorial (Shooting) Range, and abide by the rules while on the shooting range.
* THIS IS YOUR RANGE. Your dollars paid for it and maintain it. Please help to keep it clean and in good repair.
Volunteer to do maintenance when you are able.
Board Meetings are at the club house on the second Thursday of the odd numbered months, except December, starting time is 6:30 PM.
Board Meetings are held on line on the even numbered months. For additional information please call Fred at (509) 750-6567.